Often asked: How To Treat Swollen Vag Lip During Pregnancy?
- 1 What causes swollen VAG lips during pregnancy?
- 2 Is it normal to be swollen down there while pregnant?
- 3 Can your vagina lips get swollen during pregnancy?
- 4 How do you treat swollen vagina lips NHS?
- 5 How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
- 6 What home remedy can I use for vaginal itching during pregnancy?
- 7 What does it mean when your private part hurts while pregnant?
What causes swollen VAG lips during pregnancy?
A swollen vulva is a common symptom of pregnancy. Your growing uterus will block your blood flow in your pelvic region, causing your vulva and legs to swell. The swelling becomes worse as you go further along in your pregnancy.
Is it normal to be swollen down there while pregnant?
Swelling is a common side effect of pregnancy, especially when it comes to your feet and hands. But there’s one area that can also swell during pregnancy that doesn’t get a lot of attention: Your vagina. If you notice you have a swollen vagina during pregnancy, know you’re not the only woman going through this!
Can your vagina lips get swollen during pregnancy?
It’s common to have a feeling of fullness in your labia or vulva during pregnancy due to increased blood flow to that area. Your labia and the surrounding area will feel especially swollen and tender after delivery.
How do you treat swollen vagina lips NHS?
Home remedies for swollen labia include:
- Cool compresses: Applying a cool compress to the labia can reduce swelling.
- Sitz baths: Bartholin’s cysts may be treated at home with sitz baths.
- Probiotics: Some research suggests that probiotic supplements may treat or prevent vaginal infections.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.
What home remedy can I use for vaginal itching during pregnancy?
It’s important to know when to see a doctor, too, but here are 10 home remedies you can try first.
- Baking soda bath. Baking soda baths can potentially treat yeast infections as well as certain itchy skin conditions.
- Greek yogurt.
- Cotton underwear.
- Probiotic supplements.
- Coconut oil.
- Antifungal cream.
- Cortisone cream.
What does it mean when your private part hurts while pregnant?
Increased blood flow to the vagina, accompanied by heavy vaginal discharge, are normal during pregnancy. Higher levels of estrogen and progesterone produce these changes. The increased overall volume of blood can cause vaginal discomfort or pain.